The objective of the Microprogram on Evaluation of Social and Health Programs and Policies is to deliver advanced training in program evaluation to individuals in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors providing them with the necessary competencies to evaluate and improve their programs.
The registration process for a Microprogram depends on your student status.
Students already admitted and enrolled in a graduate program
Students wishing to pursue a graduate program must apply for, and be admitted to, their graduate program before they enroll in a second Graduate Microprogram identified within their existing program.
If you have already enrolled in a graduate studies program and would like to add the Microprogram on Evaluation of Social and Health Programs and Policies to your program of study, contact the graduate studies office of the Faculty of Social Science at email@example.com
Application deadline: August 27th
Students pursuing a Graduate Microprogram, without being admitted to or intending to complete a graduate program, must obtain the prior approval of the academic unit offering the Graduate Microprogram.
Students must meet the following eligibility:
- Applicants must hold a Honours Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Education, or Psychology (or equivalent) with thesis (or equivalent research project) with a minimum average of 80% (A-) average calculated in accordance with the graduate studies guidelines. Applicants must have also completed undergraduate courses in research methods and statistics.
- Candidates must be able to understand, speak, and write in either French or English depending upon the language of their program. Students whose first language is neither French nor English must apply evidence of competence in one of the two official languages.
If you would like to enroll in the Microprogram on Evaluation of Social and Health Programs and Policies and Policies without being admitted in a graduate studies program, send an email to the graduate studies office (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the Faculty of Social Science and include the following documents:
- Two recommendation letters
- You must submit copies of all transcripts from universities you have attended. Transcripts must cover all courses and programs at any university you have attended, including regular programs (whether completed or not), exchanges, letters of permission, online or correspondence courses, courses taken as a special student or visiting students, etc. If your transcript and degree certificate are not in English or French, you must submit a certified translation (signed and stamped and sealed).
- Letter of Intent
- Resume required
- Proof of proficiency in your program's language of instruction, in the case of applicants whose first language is neither English nor French
Language proficiency test scores equivalencies:
TOEFL 580 / IELTS Overall 6.5 - Individual 6.0 (Paper-based)
TOEFL 92-93/IELTS 6.5 overall – Individual 6.0 (Internet-based)
Students must meet the following requirements:
|PSY 7103||Program Evaluation||3 Units|
|PSY 7102||Field Research in Social and Community Interventions||3 Units|
Duration of program
The Microprogram on Evaluation of Social and Health Programs and Policies must be completed within 12 months.