This program lets you explore different scientific disciplines and thus acquire a broad background in all the sciences. If along the way you develop an interest in a particular field, you can transfer to the program in question.
This program is offered in English and in French.
This program requires 120 units.
- A minimum of 60 units offered by the Faculty of Science.
- A minimum of 30 units at the 3000 or 4000 level of which at least 15 units must be from the Faculty of Science.
- A minor offered by the Faculty of Science.
- A second minor from any Faculty.
|The following courses are accepted as science optional units:|
|CMM 4350||Principles of Neurobiology||3 Units|
|PHA 4107||Introductory Pharmacology - Drugs and Living Systems||3 Units|
|PHS 3341||Physiology of Sensation, Regulation, Movement and Reproduction||3 Units|
|PHS 3342||Physiological Regulation of Intake, Distribution, Protection and Elimination||3 Units|
|PHS 4300||Pathophysiology||3 Units|
|PHS 4336||Reproductive Physiology||3 Units|
This message is intended for students registered in the Faculty of Science. If the components of your program of study require common compulsory courses, you will have to replace the units as follows:
- 1000-level courses must be replaced with elective course units;
- 2000-level courses and above must be replaced with optional course units from either discipline at the same level or above.
Please note that all programs in the Faculty of Science require a minimum of 12 elective course units from the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Education, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Social Sciences or the Telfer School of Management. Once you have decided on the replacement courses, please inform the Office of Undergraduate Programs of the Faculty of Science by email at infosci@uOttawa.ca so that we may amend your Academic Advisement accordingly.